Alumni Career & Professional Development offers regular career programs in person and virtually. You can find the video replays of those covering leadership below.
Finding Your Voice as a Young Leader, 2019
Katrina Yoshida (BA ’14) discusses how to become an influential leader instead of a title leader.
- Introduction and Overview (4:24)
- Vulnerability (6:29)
- Choose Courage, Humility, Listening and Yourself Often (6:51)
- Intent v. Impact (5:20)
- Connect (5:21)
- Embrace the Gray and Wrap-up (3:14)
- Q&A: Balance Vulnerability; Mentorship; Communicating Choosing Yourself; Overcoming Fear; Be Strategic (15:05)
Lead Yourself First to Get What You Truly Want, 2019
Denise Liebetrau discusses the importance of focus and manage your own emotions as a tactic to get what you want out of your career.
- What Makes a Great Leader? (7:03)
- The Role of Emotional Intelligence (6:07)
- Build Emotional Resilience (15:52)
- The Energy Project (7:35)
- Self-Care (6:22)
- Better Results Equals Better Pay (3:45)
- Q&A: SOAR Stories, Compartmentalizing (7:59)
Leader as Coach, 2019
David Morelli teaches best practices for leaders coaching their teams.
- What is Coaching? (12:28)
- Benefits of Coaching (11:17)
- Coaching Models (5:00)
- Coaching with Questions (5:42)
- Create Powerful Questions (10:37)
- Coaching Demo (10:28)
Leadership & Intentionality, 2019
Kristina Scala, (MA ’16), a thought leader in education and entrepreneurship, blends the two as president and founder of Aspen Academy.