Alumni Career & Professional Development offers regular career programs in person and virtually. You can find the video replays of those covering career transitions below.
5 Keys to Crafting a Job You Love, 2019
Chris Castillo dives into the world of career fulfillment and teaches you the tips and tricks to ensure your work day flies by a bit faster.
- Having a Fulfilling Career is Important (12:27)
- Unpack & Re-Define Your Beliefs about Work (7:56)
- Get Clear on Who You Are (9:40)
- Map Your Needs to Opportunities (5:43)
- Get Clear on Must-Haves (4:52)
- Move Past Fear (6:59)
- Questions & Answers (13:54)
5 Steps to Take Your Career From Stuck to Unstoppable, 2019
Tracy Timm shares 5 major insights that you can implement to find work you love.
- Is This Process for You? (9:15)
- Finding Your Ideal Career (5:17)
- Only You Can Choose Your Life (8:55)
- Play Your Own Game (8:10)
- Going it Alone Only Gets You So Far (6:59)
- Career Test Drives (9:19)
- Take Action (10:36)
- Q&A: Find Your Niche and Engage Your Network (9:06)
Career Transitions, Spark Your Shift, 2019
Beth Kirke of Z1CareerZone provides strategies for making a successful career transition.
- Background & Definitions (8:00)
- Get Clear on Why (7:02)
- What Do You Want to Do? (3:32)
- Self-exploration and Self-assessment (8:05)
- How Shift Happens – Elevator Pitches, Networking, Resumes (10:36)
- Keep it Together (3:51)
- Q&A, Bridging Gaps, Salary, LinkedIn Profiles (10:27)
Career Transitions, 2017
This event featured Kendra Prospero, CEO and Co-Founder of Turning the Corner discussing strategies for finding a new career after years of experience in another area.
- Introduction to Career Change (10:15)
- Find Your Why (6:58)
- What You Need From a Job (10:16)
- Focus on Your Strengths (8:22)
- Job Search Tips (6:48)
Cultivating Strengths to Fuel Transition, 2020
Jen Thurman explains how to identify and use your strengths to transition to a job you love.
- What’s Blocking You from Your Goals (10:20)
- The Case for Focusing on Strengths (6:02)
- How Do We Identify Our Strengths (9:12)
- Applying & Re-evaluating Your Strengths (6:20)
- Impostor Syndrome: The Habit of Downplaying (10:21)
- Activity to Strengthen Your Inner Champion (8:02)
- Summary & Resources (7:22)