Alumni Career & Professional Development offers regular career programs in person and virtually. You can find the video replays of those covering career advancement below.
Build Resilience to Ignite Performance, 2020
Denise Liebetrau discusses how to improve emotional intelligence to improve work performance.
- Defining Resilience & Its Benefits (9:32)
- Attributes of Resilient People (8:10)
- Resilience Assessment (3:41)
- Assessment Results and What They Mean to You (17:23)
- Resilience Resources & Facing Your Fears (7:08)
- Call to Action and Q&A: S.O.A.R Stories (6:21)
Busyness is a Bad Habit, 2019
Jen Thurman teaches how to implement mindful prioritization.
- The Insidious Pattern of Busyness (7:47)
- Getting Real About Your Priorities (8:32)
- Learn to Say No (4:13)
- Bring Life and Energy to Your Priorities (7:40)
- What Expectations Have You Set About Your Time? (7:18)
- Train Yourself to Respond (6:26)
- Retrain Your World and Q&A (16:50)
Guiding Principles for a Great Career, 2018
Amy Haworth, (BS ’96, MBA ’98), Chief of Staff at Citrix, discusses how to add unique value to your company and advance your career.
- Create Your Path (3:17)
- Amy’s Path (4:44)
- Piecing Your Experience Together (3:40)
- Pivotal Failures (3:02)
- Career Climbing Wall (4:06)
- When to Seek Another Opportunity (3:00)
- Find a Manager Who Believes in Your Potential (5:16)
- Exceeding Expectations (2:51)
- Diversity Your Exposure (2:26)
- Turning Nervousness into Excitement (4:58)
- Building Others is Building Us All (2:34)
- Defining Your Guiding Principles (2:32)
- Additional Resources & Q&A (11:22)
How to Work with a Jerk, 2018
Mark Popenhagen will explain how understanding emotional intelligence is key to helping you work with everyone, even the jerks.
- The Engagement Problem (6:04)
- Defining Emotional Intelligence (9:57)
- Handling Triggers (9:09)
- What Causes Triggers (10:05)
- Social Awareness (8:33)
- Relational Management (13:05)
Maximizing Pay Through Effective Negotiation, 2019
Denise Liebetrau of Prosper Consulting discusses how to value your experience, expertise and education, when to use this knowledge during the interview and offer process and how to have pay and performance discussions throughout your career so you can maximize your earnings and achieve your financial goals.