Alumni Career & Professional Development offers regular career programs in person and virtually. You can find the video replays of those covering strategies to help you find a job in any sector below.
Beat the Resume Robots: Learn How to Leverage Applicant Tracking Systems, 2020 (1:16:37)
Learn about Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), the technology commonly used to process and rank your online applications, including how recruiters and human resources teams use them, how to format your resume and use keywords to effectively optimize your ATS ranking, and resources for checking how “ATS-friendly” your resume is.
Internship & Job Search During Tough Economic Times, 2020 (21:47)
Learn helpful strategies and tips as you job and internship search during tough economic times. Leave this virtual webinar with action items of how to move forward in your search.
Job Search During the Holidays, 2019
Cindy Hyman and Patty Powell (JD ’83) discuss tactics for finding a job during the busy holiday season and maintaining your sanity.
- Addressing Myths and Advantages (7:02)
- Effective Job Search Tactics (14:00)
- Building Your Personal Brand (3:22)
- Leveraging Holiday Networking Opportunities (7:33)
- Coping with Holiday Stress (21:49)
- Q&A (5:50)
Job Search with Founder/CEO of Andrew Hudson’s Jobs List, 2019
Learn about job search from Andrew Hudson, founder of the Denver region’s top jobs list.
- The Hard Truths about Job Search (5:55)
- Branding (18:15)
- Self-Branding (9:53)
- Self-Brand Touchpoints (4:52)
- How to Use Job Boards (2:18)
- Navigating Applicant Tracking Systems (2:54)
- Resumes, Cover Letters and the Job Search (7:46)
- Networking (3:28)
Job Search Toolkit, 2018
Learn how to approach the job search with the mindset of a salesperson. Hear from Kerry Moriarty (BSBA ’86), principal at KerryON Consulting and experienced recruiter and sales executive, on how to approach the job search from a different angle.
- Targeting Specific Companies and Who You Know There (8:08)
- Meet-Ups and Networking (5:29)
- Online Job Posting Resources (2:21)
- Know Yourself and Grow (3:35)
- Job Search Fundamentals (6:01)
- Audience Questions (8:06)
Maximizing Pay Through Effective Negotiation, 2019
Denise Liebetrau of Prosper Consulting discusses how to value your experience, expertise and education, when to use this knowledge during the interview and offer process and how to have pay and performance discussions throughout your career so you can maximize your earnings and achieve your financial goals.
- Employee Value Proposition (7:44)
- Building a Business Case (5:50)
- Salary Resources (3:23)
- Negotiation Strategies (13:04)
- Mastery & Career Happiness (6:58)
- Q&A (Dealing with Hard No’s; Asking for a Bigger Raise) (17:54)
Nationwide Job Search Bootcamp, 2020 (1:10:45)
This webinar will provide an overview of important job search preparation and skills, without a focus on job search location. You will learn: resources for finding jobs online, tips on how to tailor your resume and cover letter to every position you apply for and strategies for using LinkedIn effectively to build your network and find new opportunities.
Zoom In: Job Search, 2019
Job Search (36:05)