WINTER ALL MAJORS
CAREER & INTERNSHIP FAIR
Wednesday, January 22
Gates Field House / Next to Ritchie Center
6 STEPS FOR SUCCESS AT THE FAIR:
1. GET YOUR RESUME READY—Schedule a review at Pioneer Careers (see Appointments) or call 303.871.2150.
2. Check-Out Employers –Prioritize and research the company’s website as this makes talking to employers easier. List of employers at Pioneer Careers (see Events).
3. Be Enthusiastic—Show your interest with a smile, firm handshake and good eye contact.
4. Prepare to Talk About Yourself—Employers expect you to provide a brief, 30-60 seconds, elevator pitch. This should include your name, degree, a couple of your strengths or skills as well as why you are interested in their company/position. See elevator pitch for more information.
5. Dress—Dress professionally as you will want to make a positive impression. For FREE professional and business casual clothes check out the CAREER CLOSET located at The Hub (by the Sturm Law School). Hours: Tuesdays, Noon-2pm. Contact Courtney.Giles@du.edu for more information or to arrange a different day/time.
6. Follow-Up—To demonstrate your professionalism, follow-up within 24 hours by sending a brief thank you email and connect on LinkedIn. To get advice on writing your thank you or for a review of your LinkedIn profile, schedule an appointment: Pioneer Careers (see Appointments) or call 303.871.2150.
Submitted by Patricia Hickman