If you’re considering a career in health and human services, there are several resources to support you in learning more about the industry, as well as, the job or internship search. Common job titles include social worker, therapist, counselor, public health administrator, community outreach director, research assistant, nurse, physician, or physical therapist, just to name a few.
While there’s a host of information about these professions online, hearing directly from individuals who work in these fields will be far more illuminating; as such, be sure to leverage your alumni network via Pioneer Connect to identify DU alumni with whom you can arrange for informational interviews. In the process of making those connections and gaining more insight into the industry, you just may open the door to job or internships opportunities you might not have found simply by searching online postings.
Job and Internship Search Resources:
- Guidestar: (Directory of Nonprofits where you can find organizations at the intersection of health and human services)
- Colorado Non Profit Jobs and Internships
- Denver Human Services: (job board)
- Health Care Job Store: links to 300+ healthcare job sites
- Health Careers Network: healthcare jobs and medical jobs
- Health Career Center: highly relevant, reliable and up-to-date job search, career development, and employment information
- American Hospital Directory: free hospital profiles
- Public Health Jobs: Preferred job search engine of CEPH Accredited Schools of Public Health
- Global Health Council—membership alliance of international health NGOs
Keep in mind that most professional associations have job boards, as well as great resources for networking in the field, and professional development opportunities.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- American Public Health Association (APHA)