Design and the Arts
At the intersection of design and the arts is a set of skills that allow for creative expression and communication. Whether you’re studying Art, Art History, Emergent Digital Practices (EDP), Film, Marketing, or another related program, these creative arts have the power to influence, persuade, and educate, along with the potential to activate emotion and mobilize action.
Common industries for these degrees include advertising, marketing, technology, and film, in addition to museums and local arts associations. If you’re wondering how to find opportunities in these fields, there are several resources to support the search process. Take a look at the content below to discover the companies, organizations, and professional associations that relate to your interests.
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- American Advertising Federation
- The Creative Ham (List of Denver advertising agencies)
- The Denver Egoist(Advertising jobs)
- Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences
- Built in Colorado(listing of local startups in tech, job board, and networking events)
- American Institute of Graphic Arts AIGA
- Media Bistro (Job Listings)
- One Hour Club for Creativity
- Film in Colorado and Denver Film Society
- Entertainment Careers
- The Digital Video Professional Associations
- Association of Film Commissioners International
Art and Art History:
- Internships in the Arts, Film, and Design
- Guidestar: nonprofit directory with organizations at the intersection of the arts and design
- Colorado Creative Industries
- Scientific and Cultural Affairs
- American Alliance of Museums
- Santa Fe Arts District and RiNo Arts District
- The Art Career Project
Research people and organizations on LinkedIn using a keyword search and narrow down by city and state.
Check out the alumni page to identify any DU Alumni who may be working for these organizations with whom you can reach out and request an informational interview to learn more about the industry, the specific company, or their position.
Take note of the organizations and companies these individuals work for, including their current and past job titles that might align with future roles that could fit for you.