Do you plan on having a job or internship lined up for June 2018? Think if you get started looking in March you’ll be way ahead of the game? Think again!! Recruiting has started happening earlier and earlier every year as companies compete for the best talent.
There are currently postings in Pioneer Careers for positions that will start in JUNE. What can you do to stay ahead of the game and not miss out on opportunities by waiting until winter quarter to get started?
- Set your preferences in Pioneer Careers.
- Attend fall recruiting events – to see the most current and comprehensive list, check out the Events tab in Pioneer Careers.
- Develop a target list of companies you are interested in and find out when their positions get posted.
- Set weekly goals for your job or internship search – view the process as a course and block time in your calendar to work on your search as if it were class time.
- Meet with your career advisor (call 303.871.2150 or schedule via the Appointments tab in Pioneer Careers) to form a strategy and learn about additional resources.
- Attend the Job Search Strategies workshop at 5pm on October 24th.