Here are some highlights:
Create a Powerful Brand for Yourself on LinkedIn
- Headline (under your name): a succinct statement about your career mission using keywords such as “Passionate About Big Data,” “Connecting Students to Opportunity,” “Creating Strategic Partnerships”
- Summary: keep it short, 57% of LinkedIn engagement happens on mobile devices
- Include imagery such as a slide from a presentation or something that represents you (be sure to cite your source)
- Write a Post and use the Publishing Guidelines to increase your visibility
- Subscribe to Influencers and follow people who are relevant to your world and work
Leverage your Alumni Connections
- Join the University of Denver Alumni Group
- Write a personal note when connecting and highlight 1 or 2 things on their profile and make the connection to your intentions in 2-3 sentences. “We share at least two common interests, DU and a passion for working with traumatic brain injury patients. I am an aspiring occupational therapist with the goal of working in a rehabilitation hospital like yourself. I would like to connect and learn more about your career path.”
For Soon-to-Be or Recent College Grads
- Get the LinkedIn App for Students which is designed to be a “job exploration guide” by helping match jobs, shares job search tips, identifies professionals in their field of interest for networking and more.
Want to hear more insider’s tips, leverage your personal brand or learn more about finding jobs, internships and contacts, watch Rob’s recorded presentation.